The most common reasons why a process cannot be sent for approval:
- Assigned responsible persons no longer have an Approver user role
For this purpose, the author can check the user role via the Info icon on the user. If the user does not have an Approver application role, the status cannot be changed
- Mandatory attributes are not maintained. This also applies to processes that should be set to Expired.
- Validation rules are not adhered to. This is also valid for processes that should be set to Expired.
- There is already another version in the release workflow.
- User has application role "Author", but is not entered as "Author" but under "Additional authors". Additional authors do not have the authorization to start workflows.
- If one of the "additional authors" wants to take over the (main) author function - in this case starting workflows - he/she has to be set as (main) author as well as being deleted as "additional author". The initial author should be included under additional authors if necessary.